Shaping an industry that can’t be beat
Egg Farmers of Canada is committed to supporting research and development for the egg industry. The research we fund at universities across the country allows us to provide up-to-date information to farmers and consumers alike, and to nurture the next generation of researchers and industry experts.
To support continued innovation in our industry, Egg Farmers of Canada invests in research across a range of priorities. These priority areas include:
- Animal care science
- Food safety
- Hen nutrition and health
- Environment and sustainability
- Human nutrition and health
- Non-food uses of eggs
- Public policy and economics
- Benchmarking the prevalence of keel fractures in conventional and floor-housed laying hens
- Nutritional benefits of eating eggs with raw vegetables
- Are we adequately screening for vitamin B12 deficiency in high-risk patients?