Egg Farmers of Canada’s approach to social responsibility is rooted in our values of integrity and sustainability. We honour the social license that Canadians have given us to self-regulate our industry. We work to improve peoples’ lives, enhance the vibrancy of Canadian communities, and take preventative action to protect public health, the health and well-being of our hens and the environment.
Egg Farmers of Canada is committed to:
- Community: We are proud and active members of our communities supporting causes that are important to Canadians.
- Environment: We are concerned about the livelihood of our future farmers and Canadians. We do our part to mitigate environmental impact.
- Animal care: The health and well-being of our animals is of the utmost importance and we regularly consult with animal care experts to ensure their care is of the highest standards.
- Food quality and safety: Canadian eggs are produced under strict guidelines that comply with highest standards to ensure consumers are receiving high-quality and safe products.
- Economic contribution: Our industry is committed to maintaining strong independent egg farms, supporting rural communities and contributing to the Canadian economy.